Do you start hyperventilating on November 1st because you know that the holidays are just around the corner? Yes, the mad dash starts before the last piece of Halloween candy has even been consumed. The Holiday Survival Kit is an easy, do-it-yourself gift that is a perfect hostess gift, party favor or that "little something" to assure your friends that we are all in this together.
I use a gabled box for my kit, but you can use a take-out container or gift bag. These are the items you will need:
- Container (gabled box, holiday take-out box or gift bag)
- Snack size pack of nuts (I use cashews)
- Dove chocolates
- Snack size pack of cookies (I use Pepperidge Farm Milano Cookies)
- Snack size 100 Grand Bar or Snack size Millionaire bar
- Bag of Hershey Kisses
- Six pack V-8 Fusion Energy Drink
- Box of Instant Latte singles (I use Starbucks Mocha or Vanilla)
- Tiny bottles of liquor (I use vodka) For an alcohol free version, use mini cans of soda
- Paper to print out the instructions
- Labels and ribbon to decorate the container
Here are the Holiday Survival Kit Instructions PDF and Holiday Survival Kit Instructions as a Word document . The total cost ends up being about $7.00 - $8.00 per kit, but you can save by using coupons for some of the items. And may the curls in your curling ribbon always curl in the same direction!